Having been admitted in April 2019 as a full member of the prestigious NetIAS (Network of European Institutes for Advanced Study), MIAS strives to strengthen and internationalize research in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences, through an invitation policy for high-level researchers. The IAS have been promoting spaces for debate, research and creation of new ideas at international level for decades and have become established worldwide as recognized agents for attracting talent and as promoters of prestige and visibility of both the coordinating institution and the country in which they are located.
MIAS offers researchers different types of residence, depending on their availability and their employment status.
For researchers who obtained their doctorate between 01/01/2009 and 12/31/2016:
• Tomás y Valiente. 3 years scientific residence in Madrid (renewable for another two).
• Marcel Bataillon. A 10-month scientific residence in Madrid.
• Lucienne Domergue (in collaboration with the French Institute in Spain). Scientific residence of 6 months in Madrid.
Post-doctoral or experienced researchers:
• François Chevalier. Scientific residence of 3 or 4 months in Madrid
• The Colegio de México A.C.’s program. Scientific residence of 3 months in Madrid.
The deadline for submission of applications will be open from October 21 to November 29, and all information will be available on the web.
Researchers from the CNRS (Centre national de la recherche scientifique) or professors-researchers members of a UMR (Unité Mixte de Recherche):
• The SMI-CNRS: Scientific residence of up to 10 months in Madrid.
The deadline for submission of this application will be open until to November 4, and all information is available on the web: